On our kingdom journey we will require the wisdom, help and support of other people. To think you can make it on your own, fulfil your kingdom assignment without the assistance, help, support of other people is self delusion. You may have an amazing talent, gift and ability but you still require the contribution of other people to help you pursue and actualise your divine purpose. God never intended any of us to pursue our assignment on our own.
The Lord will bring us into strategic relationships with a number of people. It is our duty and responsibility to understand the purpose of these relationships, understand their depth and understand the season of their relevance in our lives. If we don’t understand these three things, we will most probably make huge mistakes in our relationships. Continue reading
How To Discern A Relationship From Hell.
1. You regularly wake up in the middle of the night, or in the morning and ask yourself, with a nagging ache in your soul, ‘Why am I in this relationship?’ You are probably in a relationship from hell.
2. You are frustrated and confused. It seems as if you’ve lost your way. You feel out of sync with life and this person. You have this sinking feeling in your stomach that you are being drawn into something terrible, something bad. It is a feeling like walking in a desert when what you want to do is walk beside a beautiful ocean or lake. Continue reading
Finding Mr Perfect or Mr Right?
Rachel believes that there’s a man who will connect with her emotionally and satisfy all her emotional needs.
Afida has searched for the man who will match her intellectually. A man who will not only understand the peculiar workings of her brilliant mind, but who will also challenge her to strive and become better.
Beatrice is a romantic. Her ideal man, who seems so elusive, will cook her nice meals, bring her flowers, take her shopping and fly her to exotic locations on holiday.
If you are searching for Mr Perfect, you may end up waiting a long time. There is no real flesh and blood man who meets ALL of these qualities. Such a man exists only in the imagination of many women. If you pursue this illusion, you will end up with a fake who will show you what you want to see until he entraps you with his lies.
Here are a few things to think through as you connect with your Mr Right. Continue reading
The Other Side Of Love 5
“Anita, Edward Osagie is your brother.”
“Noooooo!” Anita screamed.
This was insane!
She held her head in her hands and wept in anguish.
Her voice reverberated in the house. The dogs started barking loudly.
This couldn’t be happening to her. It only happened in the movies or to other people. Surely what she heard from her father just now was either a mistake or a cruel joke.
A security guard burst into the living room and stopped when he found Anita kneeling on the floor and crying.
“Is everything okay sir?” He asked with a concerned look on his face.
Chief Batubo turned him away with an impatient wave of his hand. The guard stayed for a few seconds before he left the room.
“Anita, please listen to me,” Gogo touched her hand.
“Don’t touch me!” Anita shoved his hand away.
Chief Batubo raised his voice at his daughter.”Do you want to hear what happened or do you want to keep crying like a child?” he asked.
Anita managed to stop crying and looked at her father through tear stained eyes. She had to listen and try to make some sense out of this madness.
On Food and Relationships.
Recently I was thinking about some parallels between good, healthy food and choosing a good, healthy partner who brings value to your life. The older I get, the more I realise that the value of food sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with what it tastes like. There are some vegetables that don’t taste so good but they are amazing for our health. The value of food to our health is more important than its impact on the pleasure centres of our brains. Eating food only because it tastes good is not wise.
Certain foods with lots of sugar like cakes and ice cream may excite and titilate the pleasure centres of our brain but if we indulge without restraint, it may lead to health problems like obesity.
Here are some of my thoughts.
1. Never judge the intrinsic value of food by how it looks or how it tastes in your mouth.
That guy or lady may look hot but be of absolutely no value to you.
You attract who you deserve, not who you desire.
Many writers on relationship and love encourage you to write a list of the qualities you want to see in your future partner. This is good because it helps to clarify the kind of person you want in your life. However some of these lists border on fantasy and are so laughable. Continue reading
Relationships, Responsibilities And Rewards.
1.When most people think about relationships, they think about the pleasures, the good times and the fun part. A lady fantasizes about going out on a great date or being on an exotic beach with her man. A guy has images of the first kiss planted on the luscious lips of this lady he really likes. No one thinks about responsibilities.
2. Hollywood presents a relationship to us as something that just happens. Boy meets girl and they like each other. Then the fun begins. It’s a big party till the end of the movie. Good stuff happens thereafter. Nothing could be further from the truth.
3. If we want to enjoy our relationship, we must be ready to take on the necessary responsibilities which guaranty the enjoyment of the rewards we expect from the relationship. If we are not willing to take on the responsibilities, we should not expect to enjoy the rewards.