Love is a choice.
You choose to love who you want.
You either receive or reject the love of another.
Love should never be under coercion.
Love should not be an act of pity.
Love should not be bought.
Love should not be manipulated out of you.
Love should not be blackmailed out of you.
Love should be given freely as an act of your will.
Love that exists mutually between a man and a woman is emotionally fulfilling. It is a beautiful and joyful thing thing to experience.
If you feel trapped, caged, harassed, intimidated, oppressed, gagged, subordinated, bought over, enslaved, manipulated or afraid there’s something wrong with that relationship. I am sure that you feel something. But whatever it is that you feel, my dear, it isn’t love.
1. Giving demonstrates your love for the Lord.
2. Giving is a sign of your control over money.
3. Giving breaks the hold of greed in your life.
4. If you can buy a pair of shoes for $500, but can’t give $500, money is your master.
5. Never complain about what you give. Give only what you have. Give joyfully. Give without pressure. Don’t pledge money you don’t have.
6. The offering plate is not a slot machine or a Gambling Point. If you want your money multiplied, give it to Bernie Madoff.
7. Your offerings are sacred. Honour the Lord with your substance.
Your giving should be motivated by Love, not greed. If your primary reason for giving is to multiply you money, your motive is wrong. The Lord judges our motives and weighs our actions.
In Genesis, the Lord first accepted Abel, then accepted his offering. Our hearts are more important to the Lord than our offerings. If your heart is wrong, your offering, just like Cain’s, will be rejected.
The primary reason why many are not blessed is because they bring their offerings with the intention of manipulating the Lord to do something for them. We must understand that the Lord loves us and is always ready to bless us. When we worship Him with our substance, with a pure, love motivated heart, then there is a release of grace and favour on our lives. Such release will open doorways of opportunity in our lives.