1. Years ago, I met a millionaire. He taught me 3 lessons.
1. Never ask your friends for financial help. They will look down on you.
2. No matter how bad things are, always look good. Do not let anyone see you sweat.
3. Do not spread your problems around. People will avoid you.
2. When you are a millionaire and start asking other millionaires for help, that means you have fallen. They will never send opportunity your way because you have become a financial risk.
Ask for advice.
Don’t ask for money.
Your dignity and respect are intact.
3. I watched this on 700club.
A millionaire fell into financial difficulty. He didn’t ask anybody for help. He didn’t declare bankruptcy to protect his personal assets.
He started SELLING his property to pay back debts.
Don’t beg for money.
Ask for advice.
Friends will respect you.
4. You guys are under the dangerous assumption that all your friends want you to be successful. Some are envious of your success.
It was Joseph’s brothers who wanted to destroy him. Friends could have done worse.
Maintain your dignity, self respect and honour.
Don’t ask for money.
5. Your friends don’t owe you money.
You cannot use friendship to compel or manipulate them to give you money.
Money is NOT a reward for friendship.
Money is a reward for value.
6. Called a friend who has connections on 3 continents. Big guy. I asked him how I can add value to his organisation. Shared some ideas with him. He was excited about the possibilities.
Do I need more money?
Never asked for $1.
Friendship, respect, honour intact.
Your Success is Tied To People.
Hello everyone. Welcome to 2019.
The difference between where you are today and where you want to be is people.
The difference between what you achieved in 2018 and what you could have achieved is people. The difference between the impact you have made in real terms and what you are really capable of is the people you have in your life.
There were some things you planned to accomplish in 2018 but you could not because you couldn’t find the right people to help you birth your dream or the people you found were a very bad match for you. Instead of helping you pursue your dream, they constituted an obstacle and a hindrance on your way.
Everyone has a horror story in their dealings with people. There were people who came into your life and you thought they were coming to help, support you but they turned out to be fiends; they betrayed and disappointed you in such a way you never contemplated possible. They came in as angels but left as demons. Continue reading
How To Discern A Relationship From Hell.
1. You regularly wake up in the middle of the night, or in the morning and ask yourself, with a nagging ache in your soul, ‘Why am I in this relationship?’ You are probably in a relationship from hell.
2. You are frustrated and confused. It seems as if you’ve lost your way. You feel out of sync with life and this person. You have this sinking feeling in your stomach that you are being drawn into something terrible, something bad. It is a feeling like walking in a desert when what you want to do is walk beside a beautiful ocean or lake. Continue reading
Don’t cast your pearls before swine.
1. A relationship should not be forced, coerced or manipulated into existence. If you force yourself into a relationship, you will regret it. Love should be freely given. It should never be based on certain conditions. Demanding that your partner fulfil certain conditions before you ‘love’ him or her is NOT love. True love is freely given, unconditionally.
On Food and Relationships.
Recently I was thinking about some parallels between good, healthy food and choosing a good, healthy partner who brings value to your life. The older I get, the more I realise that the value of food sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with what it tastes like. There are some vegetables that don’t taste so good but they are amazing for our health. The value of food to our health is more important than its impact on the pleasure centres of our brains. Eating food only because it tastes good is not wise.
Certain foods with lots of sugar like cakes and ice cream may excite and titilate the pleasure centres of our brain but if we indulge without restraint, it may lead to health problems like obesity.
Here are some of my thoughts.
1. Never judge the intrinsic value of food by how it looks or how it tastes in your mouth.
That guy or lady may look hot but be of absolutely no value to you.
You attract who you deserve, not who you desire.
Many writers on relationship and love encourage you to write a list of the qualities you want to see in your future partner. This is good because it helps to clarify the kind of person you want in your life. However some of these lists border on fantasy and are so laughable. Continue reading
Love Tips. The Law Of Agreement.
1. A great relationship never happens by chance. It is deliberately created. Your relationship will work when you understand and function by the law of agreement.
2. Two cannot walk together unless they are in agreement. Amos 3:3. What this simply means is that no matter what you feel you’ve got going in your relationship, if there is no agreement, it won’t work.
3. Before you commit yourself to a relationship, ask yourself: ‘what do we have in common with each other?’ You can write a list. This will help give you some clarity.
4. You should never force a relationship to happen. Continue reading