If you are not following me on Twitter, you should. My handle is @praisegeorge.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, Having one good friend you can trust, who believes in you, who is loyal to you, who brings you real value, who helps your progress, is better than surrounding yourself with 100 FOOLS who cause you pain and bring ZERO value into your life.” –Praise George.
So many people have relationships that are of very low value or of absolutely no value to them. They are in these relationships due to force of habit. Some of these unproductive, life draining, failure producing relationships have existed for most of their lives. It has become part of their lives so they never bother to ask questions like: “Of what value is this relationship to me? Where is it taking me? What is it adding to my life? How is it helping me become the person I desire to be? How is it moving me towards my dream?” Continue reading
I have something interesting to share with you today. It is about strangers.
When we were children our parents told us not to talk to strangers. They wanted to protect us. That advice worked well as long as we were children. It protected us from some crazy people out there. However, as adults, that advice is redundant, even dangerous. There is absolutely nothing good we can achieve in life without the help of strangers. To be successful in life we need strangers.
Your money is in the hands of strangers. Your success is in the hands of strangers. Your progress is determined by strangers. Favour is waiting for you with strangers. Strangers determine your future.
Success is determined by how many people we can influence or persuade to get behind our cause, to buy our products and services. The more people we can influence, the better for us.
We have to connect with as many people as possible and talk to them about the value that we have to offer. The people you know are not enough to take you to the next level. Your present contacts are not enough to help your dream fly. You require the help of people you’ve never met before in your life to assist you and take you to the next level.
Many of your friends cannot help you.
Many of your contacts cannot help you.
Many people who helped you in the past cannot help you now.
Their season to help and assist you is over.
To move to the next level, you need strangers. Continue reading
1. Years ago, I met a millionaire. He taught me 3 lessons.
1. Never ask your friends for financial help. They will look down on you.
2. No matter how bad things are, always look good. Do not let anyone see you sweat.
3. Do not spread your problems around. People will avoid you.
2. When you are a millionaire and start asking other millionaires for help, that means you have fallen. They will never send opportunity your way because you have become a financial risk.
Ask for advice.
Don’t ask for money.
Your dignity and respect are intact.
3. I watched this on 700club.
A millionaire fell into financial difficulty. He didn’t ask anybody for help. He didn’t declare bankruptcy to protect his personal assets.
He started SELLING his property to pay back debts.
Don’t beg for money.
Ask for advice.
Friends will respect you.
4. You guys are under the dangerous assumption that all your friends want you to be successful. Some are envious of your success.
It was Joseph’s brothers who wanted to destroy him. Friends could have done worse.
Maintain your dignity, self respect and honour.
Don’t ask for money.
5. Your friends don’t owe you money.
You cannot use friendship to compel or manipulate them to give you money.
Money is NOT a reward for friendship.
Money is a reward for value.
6. Called a friend who has connections on 3 continents. Big guy. I asked him how I can add value to his organisation. Shared some ideas with him. He was excited about the possibilities.
Do I need more money?
Never asked for $1.
Friendship, respect, honour intact.
Your Success is Tied To People.
Hello everyone. Welcome to 2019.
The difference between where you are today and where you want to be is people.
The difference between what you achieved in 2018 and what you could have achieved is people. The difference between the impact you have made in real terms and what you are really capable of is the people you have in your life.
There were some things you planned to accomplish in 2018 but you could not because you couldn’t find the right people to help you birth your dream or the people you found were a very bad match for you. Instead of helping you pursue your dream, they constituted an obstacle and a hindrance on your way.
Everyone has a horror story in their dealings with people. There were people who came into your life and you thought they were coming to help, support you but they turned out to be fiends; they betrayed and disappointed you in such a way you never contemplated possible. They came in as angels but left as demons. Continue reading
How To Discern A Relationship From Hell.
1. You regularly wake up in the middle of the night, or in the morning and ask yourself, with a nagging ache in your soul, ‘Why am I in this relationship?’ You are probably in a relationship from hell.
2. You are frustrated and confused. It seems as if you’ve lost your way. You feel out of sync with life and this person. You have this sinking feeling in your stomach that you are being drawn into something terrible, something bad. It is a feeling like walking in a desert when what you want to do is walk beside a beautiful ocean or lake. Continue reading
Don’t cast your pearls before swine.
1. A relationship should not be forced, coerced or manipulated into existence. If you force yourself into a relationship, you will regret it. Love should be freely given. It should never be based on certain conditions. Demanding that your partner fulfil certain conditions before you ‘love’ him or her is NOT love. True love is freely given, unconditionally.
On Food and Relationships.
Recently I was thinking about some parallels between good, healthy food and choosing a good, healthy partner who brings value to your life. The older I get, the more I realise that the value of food sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with what it tastes like. There are some vegetables that don’t taste so good but they are amazing for our health. The value of food to our health is more important than its impact on the pleasure centres of our brains. Eating food only because it tastes good is not wise.
Certain foods with lots of sugar like cakes and ice cream may excite and titilate the pleasure centres of our brain but if we indulge without restraint, it may lead to health problems like obesity.
Here are some of my thoughts.
1. Never judge the intrinsic value of food by how it looks or how it tastes in your mouth.
That guy or lady may look hot but be of absolutely no value to you.