For Single Ladies. You Cannot Change That Guy.
1. The first rule of a relationship is to know yourself. The second is to know the person you want to get involved with.
2. Many ladies don’t even bother to know themselves before they jump into a relationship with a guy. If you have no idea who you are, what you like, what your talents are, what kind of man you want in your life, in what direction your life is headed, how on earth will you be able to choose a guy whom you will connect and be compatible with?
3. If you don’t take time to know the guy you are interested in having a relationship with, how can you tell if he will be a blessing or a curse to you?
4. Some ladies make the mistake of ‘going with the flow.’ They meet a guy and they become emotionally attracted to him but totally ignore his character. They fail to find out who he is before they become totally committed to him. They allow their emotions lead them into certain pain.
5. After making the initial mistake of entering into a senseless relationship with a man you don’t know well enough, you make the mistake of ignoring his character flaws or try to cover them up. Such cover up is a certain path to pain. You cannot have a great relationship with a godless man no matter how ‘nice’ such a man is.
6. When a man reveals who he is to you, stop trying to defend him. Accept him for who he is and ask yourself: ‘can I live with this man the way he is?’ If your answer is no, don’t waste your energy with such a man.
7. Some ladies not only play ‘cover up’ but they delude themselves into thinking that they have what it takes to change a man. They tell themselves that love can change that man with a crooked character. Your love cannot change a man. The only person who can change a man is God and that man must be willing to change because of himself, not because of you.
8. A relationship based on such delusion is destined to end badly. You cannot change a man. No matter how loving and caring you are, a man will not change because of you. Some ladies even try to use money and sex to change a man, but they discover, like millions of women before them, that you cannot change a man.
9. Instead of forcing yourself on a ‘bad guy’, why don’t you look for a good man whom you will have very little or no problems with in your relationship? Why try to change something bad when you can connect with something good from the very beginning?
10. When a woman tells me about a ‘bad relationship’, I ask her why she ignored the visible signs that told her that such a relationship was a bad idea in the first place? Instead of forcing yourself on a bad relationship because it is ‘available’, you should trust the Lord to bring a good man with a well developed character into your life.